- Practice Commenced1996
- # of MEDS (as of 1/10/23)
- # of ARBS (as of 1/10/23)
Online / In-Person
- GREENSBORO-WINSTON SALEM
Michael began practicing in 1977 with a Raleigh insurance defense/corporate law firm. His primary area of practice was insurance defense. In 1980, some members of that law firm formed a partnership concentrating in criminal law, civil litigation, business law and workers' compenation. He opened an office in Lexington, eventually closing the Raleigh office. Michael's practice iremained concentrated in workers' compensation, personal injury and civil litigation cases, a signficant number of which were out of state, including Kentucky, Alabama, Florida, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas and Washington, D.C.
Michael began mediating fulltime in 2018. He has mediated hundreds of cases, the majority of which have been workers' compensation or personal injuries cases. Many of those mediations involved issues arising out of liens or claims by insurance companies, self-insured employers, Medicare and/or Medicaid.
Michael is also NCDRC Certified to mediate Matters before the Clerk. Most of the matters he has handled have been estate administration disputes/conflicts and real property/land disputes.
- Contract Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Trusts / Estates
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- University of North Carolina, 1977 J.D, Law Review
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1969, A.B.in Psychology,
Memberships & Affiliations
- USAF, 1970-1974; Captain, served 14 months in South Korea near the DMZ in 1972-1973
- North Carolina Bar Association; (Workers' Compensation Council, 2002-)
- North Carolina State Bar;
My current hourly rate is $250/hr with an administrative fee of $250. The travel time over 2 hours one way is billed at $100/hr.