Academy Member Inducted 2008Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced1993
- # of MEDS (as of 8/12/23)
- # of ARBS (as of 8/12/23)
Online / In-Person
- GREENSBORO-WINSTON SALEM
- NEW BERN
- ROCKY MOUNT/ROANOKE RAPIDS AREA
Alan has enjoyed 30+ years of trial experience representing both insurance companies and plaintiff. He enjoyed trying the complex as well as the "simple" auto accident cases.
He began his mediation/arbitration practice in 1995. He began mediating in the Pilot Mediation program. Now, 95% of his time is devoted to mediation/arbitration. He has mediated every type of case allowed in Superior Civil Court, such as personal injury, wrongful death, malpractice-medical and legal, contract disputes, construction, estate disputes and DOT-condemnation cases. He routinely mediates a vast number of workers compensation cases. Also, he has been involved in multi-claim, multi party mediations. Even though he has mediated over 3,500, he still maintains a practice limited to workers' compensation, social security and a limited personal injury practice for defense and plaintiff. He has spoken at many mediation seminars.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Eminent Domain
- Family Businesses
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Malpractice
- Native American
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Methodist College - 1968
- Campbell University School of Law- 1979 (Charter Class) - J.D.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, The North Carolina State Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Section
- Member, Cumberland County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, 12th Judicial District
As of January 1, 2024 rates will increase to $250 for the admin fee, $275 per hour for mediation and $150 for travel (after the first free hour).
The Administrative Fee is $225.00. The first hour of travel is free each subsequent hour is billed at $100 per hour. Alan does travel throughout North Carolina. Alan's mediation rate is $225.00 per hour, billed in quarter-hour increments.